Ragnarok
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Ragnarok still not ready, but join anyway!

+21
Otterpaw
Farsight
CaduceusGUILT
PapaSmurf465
Jyuirv
xephyroth
Mattcraft
IceyBobbyjoe
darkmoo
Kate
TargusSirius
johnTB
Bounty_Hunter
gobbo1008
IronMessiah
goldmarine9
antriad
Witter
d3yci
Celt
PurpleSkull
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Real Ragnarok still not ready, but join anyway! - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Ragnarok still not ready, but join anyway!

Post by Bounty_Hunter Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Totally agree...
Bounty_Hunter
Bounty_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Real Ragnarok still not ready, but join anyway! - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Ragnarok still not ready, but join anyway!

Post by IronMessiah Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:35 pm

Or maybe Ra hates zombies so much that he kills them farao
IronMessiah
IronMessiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:40 pm

I don't think it would be that bad even with creepers, it's pretty to make an enclosed area of any size safe from mob spawning. That would mean enclosing entire nations, or just monument sites/districts in walls or fences though.

And of course it's easy to keep doors shut with ONE person, but with the amount of people on the server, a creeper might sometimes get through. The main reason why I wouldn't mind having no creepers or no mobs, even though I like having them, is their latency advantage which makes SMP mobs ten times more dangerous than single player ones, so bows are pretty much the only option against creepers in SMP.

Back to top Go down

Post by IronMessiah Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:40 pm

I think it would be a good idea to disable creepers, even though I agree that it's fun defending from them. Just one could cause a lot of time rebuilding, especially if it involved lava.
IronMessiah
IronMessiah

Back to top Go down

Post by TargusSirius Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:28 am

is it just me or did the server go down again?
TargusSirius
TargusSirius

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:29 am

It's working fine for me.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Is the server down??
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Bounty_Hunter Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Minecraft servers are overloaded...
Bounty_Hunter
Bounty_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:52 pm

They're working on it but didn't get everything done before tonight... I did notice an IP change if logging into your account, but it still takes a couple tries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm still lurking the forums every once in awhile.. may come back every now and then when the real server is back Razz
Kate
Kate

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:46 am

Speaking of which, when is the real server coming back? I know we're waiting for mods, but how long could that possibly take?
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by darkmoo Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:30 am

goldmarine9 wrote:Speaking of which, when is the real server coming back? I know we're waiting for mods, but how long could that possibly take?

Coding mod's is not easy work.
darkmoo
darkmoo

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:25 am

And i'm by no means saying it is but I doubt it would take, what is it? Probably 2 weeks by now to code a mod just for an update.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Celt Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:48 am

goldmarine9 wrote:And i'm by no means saying it is but I doubt it would take, what is it? Probably 2 weeks by now to code a mod just for an update.
But the modders don't know what language to code with - hMod updates change some code, and as for bukkit, Who knows what it could be?

Celt

Back to top Go down

Post by IceyBobbyjoe Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:09 am

goldmarine9 wrote:And i'm by no means saying it is but I doubt it would take, what is it? Probably 2 weeks by now to code a mod just for an update.

I think it's 3 weeks actually.

IceyBobbyjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:43 am

Well in total the server has been down for about a month now but the first week was a different cause.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by IceyBobbyjoe Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 am

1 month = about 4 weeks, -1 week = 3 weeks

IceyBobbyjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:18 pm

3 weeks is 3/4's of a month.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattcraft Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Holding off on ragnarok/minecraft until the server's fixed or a good update happens.
Mattcraft
Mattcraft

Back to top Go down

Post by xephyroth Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:55 pm

cant get on~ keeps timing out Sad
xephyroth
xephyroth

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:58 pm

If I had to guess, I would say the server was taken down because it seems like no one is on anymore.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Jyuirv Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:03 pm

The guess would be wrong, because people are still on the server rather often. :3

If I had to make a guess, it would be that something technical happened to the server again. Something was up over the past couple of days, a lot of SMP servers failed.

At any rate, most of the people are just waiting for the whole server to be back up.

Jyuirv

Back to top Go down

Post by Bounty_Hunter Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:18 am

I'm still on... you will never find my house, it's a secret. (there is also another secret in my house (a secret in a secret))
Bounty_Hunter
Bounty_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:11 am

Well thats that great thing about guesses, there're allowed to be wrong.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Jyuirv Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:23 am

^true that

Jyuirv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next