Ragnarok
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your New Leader, and The City Schematic

5 posters

Go down

Your New Leader, and The City Schematic Empty Your New Leader, and The City Schematic

Post by Otterpaw Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:35 pm

As D3yci has left the Atlantians, He has left me as the leader of this proud fledgling nation of elite builders. I have taken the opportunity to attempt to bring us organization and give us a plan to work through. Here is a schematic that I have quickly drawn up in paint diagramming the basic layout of the city. As a note, monuments are not restricted to quadrant 2; that is just an area dedicated to building them.

To view the full map, drag and drop it into a new tab, or rightclick and open it in a new window.
Your New Leader, and The City Schematic Ou39zq

The circles on the paths are bubble houses; you can see an example directly in front of you when you spawn.

Bubble houses are the one exception to the rule that QUADRANT 3 IS THE ONLY QUADRANT THAT YOU ARE PERMITTED TO BUILD IN UNTIL I APPROVE YOU TO BUILD ELSEWHERE.

The city is going to be based off of the city Rapture from Bioshock. Here are some good images to base your buildings off of. Each building will be ranked as a monument, although I will allow the builder to treat it as a home (for storage and decoration purposes).
http://bioshock.neoseeker.com/w/i/bioshock/thumb/1/17/Rapture3.jpg/300px-Rapture3.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_m8oaaxYy_6Y/Ss_DxM8EkmI/AAAAAAAAAeY/laQRU0o__Ys/rapture.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/bioshock/images//e/e9/Rapture.png
http://www.biggerboat.net/wp-content/uploads/bioshock-rapture-image-bioshock-523402-1024-551.jpeg
http://www.nostalgiaforinfinity.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/shock01.jpg

The houses that will rank as houses will be built in the slums.

Last edited by Otterpaw on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Otterpaw
Otterpaw

Back to top Go down

Your New Leader, and The City Schematic Empty Re: Your New Leader, and The City Schematic

Post by ExSeaD Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:40 am

what about the house i already have?

ExSeaD

Back to top Go down

Your New Leader, and The City Schematic Empty Re: Your New Leader, and The City Schematic

Post by d3yci Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:48 am

sounds oromising =D good luck otter

remember that my heart still belongs to atlantis
d3yci
d3yci

http://www.tehbigfatd.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by eternjc Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:02 am

d3, why did you leave?
eternjc
eternjc

Back to top Go down

Post by wilhelmsen07 Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:09 pm

How many atlantians are left? Now d3 left too.

The plans for Atlantis seems great. The only backside is the water. Thats everywhere Razz
Good luck! It's truly the hardest faction so far.
wilhelmsen07
wilhelmsen07

Back to top Go down

Post by Otterpaw Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:00 pm

updated with stuff about the City. And eternjc, D3 left due to an incident of accused theft between him and another member. Ask him and he might tell you more.
Otterpaw
Otterpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by eternjc Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:09 pm

Ok, Otter, I'm leaving too. You and ExSeaD are good players, but we have too much work for two few people. I can't spend the time it'd take to bring the city to life. D:

I gave ExS all the reeds I had found, and I'm destroying the glass before leaving.
eternjc
eternjc

Back to top Go down

Post by Otterpaw Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:14 pm

eternjc wrote:Ok, Otter, I'm leaving too. You and ExSeaD are good players, but we have too much work for two few people. I can't spend the time it'd take to bring the city to life. D:

I gave ExS all the reeds I had found, and I'm destroying the glass before leaving.

Okay, that's fine. Your logic is kind of faulty, though. There's a good deal of work required for too few people, however the more strong players that leave, the less attraction that there will be for other strong players. However, if you decide to stay, each active member will allow for more people to want to join, similar to why the dwarves are attracting so many recruits.
Otterpaw
Otterpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by eternjc Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm

That's true. But when most 'good players' already have factions, the only one's we'll be getting is newbies who prolly won't be 'good' until next round.

I'm not playing tonight, so I'll give it Atlantis one more fresh try in the morning and decide from there. Alright?

This will be my first faction-trade, and I hate to leave you guys.
eternjc
eternjc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Otterpaw wrote:
eternjc wrote:Ok, Otter, I'm leaving too. You and ExSeaD are good players, but we have too much work for two few people. I can't spend the time it'd take to bring the city to life. D:

Okay, that's fine. Your logic is kind of faulty, though. There's a good deal of work required for too few people, however the more strong players that leave, the less attraction that there will be for other strong players. However, if you decide to stay, each active member will allow for more people to want to join, similar to why the dwarves are attracting so many recruits.

Yeah, it's most fun to be in a faction with active, motivated players, like the dwarfs are now. This goes up and down though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down