Ragnarok
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 3 changelog and winner of Round 2!

+11
eternjc
Ardogen
ExSeaD
gobbo1008
Kevashim
Witter
Celt
goldmarine9
SKiDDi
ZyCiic
PurpleSkull
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Round 3 changelog and winner of Round 2! Empty Round 3 changelog and winner of Round 2!

Post by PurpleSkull Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:38 am

Edit:
The Atlantis Area is really buggy right now. The amount of water seems to be really hard on the PC, so i hope everyone planning to join them has a powerful machine. It doesn't seem to lag, but it takes some time for the chunks to generate. Also, its REALLY dark down there :p It's really a faction for the dedicated.

I hope everyone is as excited as me about Round 3? Surprised

Round 2 was a throughout success, apart from maybe the bugged Battlefield in the end. I've just seen some screenshots Witter made and WOW, you won't believe how big and detailed the cities look from above. I hope you all had a great deal of fun in Round 2 and consider participating in Round 3 as well!

But you're not here to read that, you want to know about the winner of last Round! So without further ado: The Victorious faction are the Nords!
Although being on the same level regarding monuments as Desert or Tribe, their continued success in events such as the "build the dome" challenge or Arena PvP tipped the balance in their favor. Well done Nords, you have now closed in on your Archenemy Desert!

And now, the part of this posting at least 110% of you waited for, the changelog:

Changelog R3
------------------------------------------------

Dwarfs:

- Removing the Daylight and surface rule. Dwarfs can now go outside whenever they like. They may also use their starter mountain as a building ground. Rules regarding treefarms are still the same.

- Dwarfs won't get any land from admins, they have to dig out space themselves.

- Gontuzic's new enhanced society ruleset for dwarfs will be mandatory. Refer to this thread: http://ragnarok-mc.darkbb.info/the-dwarfs-f15/dwarves-in-round-3-t329.htm

The changes above will make dwarfs easy to play, but hard to master.

General changes:

- The Nord faction will be removed for Round 3 until Round 4 in favor for the new faction, Atlantis. Nords are assured to partake in Round 4 again!

- There won't be any landspread via monuments anymore as this has become a bit pointless. Land will be given instead on a "if needed" basis, means a faction will receive new land when they run out of building space.

- Arena and BG events will be held regularly.

- The BG area will be of quadratic shape, with clear borders for each faction. The BG will be added roughly one week after R3 started to give every nation enough time to tend to their faction businesses first.

New Faction: Antlanteans (short: Atlantis, prefix: "Atlantis XXXX" )

The once proud city of Atlantis stood proud and tall above all others in Ragnarok, it was the pinnacle of its time that could be matched by no other. Yet alas, as fable would have it this city was destined for destruction by the Gods. Man had stopped their worship and offerings to Poseidon, God of the Sea and as such Poseidon showed no quarter in vanquishing his most prized possession Atlantis beneath his watery grasp. Only the lucky ones died during Poseidon's wrath. A few however survived and were cursed to live in that sunken city, unable to ever live a normal life again. No one dared to ignore Poseidon anymore from this day forward. The Atlanteans worked hard, expanded their cities and fought terrible wars in his name so that they may be spared from yet another catastrophe.

Nation's Bonus:
- Must use glass for outer walls facing the water
- Can not have a treefarm other then on the starter dirt patch
- Only faction (together with nords) that is allowed to plant reed.
- Receive free, infinite glass
- No lava may be used except in very small amounts for monuments
- All Atlantean structures have to be within a glass dome or submerged (No building above water surface)
- Entrance to the main city my be above the water level. Only ONE entrance allowed at any time!
- Atlanteans do not receive additional glass domes from admins. They must build living space themselves. Water pools will be provided, however.
- Very Hard Difficulty: Very time consuming to build and destroy blocks underwater as well as limited by initial space. Expect to drown a lot. Suited for players who have done everything else and too much time on their hands.

Tribe:

Default status. You start with it if the round is still young. There is no leader, and it should be your first objective to gather your settlers and build a Town hall and some Homes.

Village:

Requirements:

- A Town Hall
- At least 3 Homes
- At least three people online

Rewards:

- Allows for one public mine
- enables Leader election (will take place immediately after village founding)
- Leader title: Siren

City

Requirements:

- Enhanced Town Hall (it must look better then before to reflect your new status)
- At least 5 houses
- One shop
- One Farm
- Poseidon's barracks (City project)
- One monument
- At least 5 people online

Rewards:

- Allows for two public mines
- enables points for monuments from now on and enables nation to be a possible Arena PvP host
- New Leader title: Myrmidon
- enables embassies

Metropolis:

Requirements:

- A further enhanced Town Hall
- 8 Homes
- A second Shop
- Temple to Poseidon
- At least one other monument
- Your Nations Wonder: Poseidon's Triumph Arc

Rewards:
- Allows for three public mines
- New Leader title: Kraken

Poseidon's triumph arc project:

Instructions:

This big project, like the other ones as well is meant to be build in a team and not alone. It requires good teamwork and a good builder and a good eye for detail and will be your nations pinnacle of creation.
The whole project must be inside a dome of glass. It should be at least about 30 block high and 10 blocks wide. The length must not be under 20 blocks. It must be in the form of a "gate" of course, and you should made one of the gate towers hollow to allow for an stairway to the top. There should be drawings on each side of the gate on all walls, as well as one statue of Poseidon near the top of the arc.
-----------------------------------------------

Last edited by PurpleSkull on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
PurpleSkull
PurpleSkull
Admin

https://ragnarok-mc.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Round 3 changelog and winner of Round 2! Empty Re: Round 3 changelog and winner of Round 2!

Post by ZyCiic Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:55 am

i can still be a dessert then?Smile

ZyCiic

Back to top Go down

Round 3 changelog and winner of Round 2! Empty Re: Round 3 changelog and winner of Round 2!

Post by SKiDDi Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:56 am

hopefully Wink thats my r3 choice.
SKiDDi
SKiDDi

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:02 am

Well i'm very happy that the Nords won round, must have been due to the amazing leadership :p jk jk you guys are amazing builders. On the other hand it sucks that Nords aren't in round 3 but hey i'm not going to be the one to moan about it the entire round. Congrats guys Very Happy
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by ZyCiic Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:03 am

God job gold god job;D

ZyCiic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:17 am

Yes congratulations AND condolences to the Nords.

Back to top Go down

Post by Celt Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:35 am

Receive free, infinite glass

There goes the usefulness and any trade that the deserts get..

Celt

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:42 am

But unless theres a system that gives them glass, it will most likely turn into the same thing as the Nords iron supply or the Dwarves obsidian supply, or the Tribes gold supply, the admins just aren't on enough to keep up with it, so unless purple uses one of those sign things to give them glass, your trade will be fine.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Witter Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:42 am

Basicly what I thought, but they do need an extreme amount of glass :/
You could limit it to a certain amount. And oh, dont let the Atlantians trade the infinite glass.
Witter
Witter

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:47 am

Yea that would solve that problem, but how do you regulate that? Someone is going to trade it and then people will think its fine to trade it and then the deserts trade really is destroyed
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:54 am

At least cacti are now more useful in traps. But yeah, who's gonna buy glass from deserts when Atlanteans can dump it at any price...

Back to top Go down

Post by Celt Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:55 am

"At least cacti are now more useful in traps."
You can't use cacti, because you can't use sand. Which means trade for us = Nothing.

Celt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:06 am

I am indeed an idiot. Thank you good sir.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevashim Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:08 am

Yea .... trade .... because that really happens a lot ....
Kevashim
Kevashim

http://codeyellow.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Celt Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:16 am

Kevashim wrote:Yea .... trade .... because that really happens a lot ....
... It does. The reason the nords thrived is because of those damn bookshelves- A diamond block for nine. -> We had glass and sand and many people bought it off us. Now the atlanteans have a uncapped amount and will sell it for prices we can't compete with at all. - They just have to click a button and sell whilst we have to harvest, furnace (Complications happen at this point) and sell.

Celt

Back to top Go down

Post by Witter Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:23 am

Put a rule in place so they cant sell it.
Trade would happen more if other factions wouldnt be able to harvest sand from beaches
Witter
Witter

Back to top Go down

Post by Celt Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:25 am

Witter wrote:Put a rule in place so they cant sell it.
Trade would happen more if other factions wouldnt be able to harvest sand from beaches
They're not allowed to do that, right?

Celt

Back to top Go down

Post by Witter Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:29 am

They were in R2.
Witter
Witter

Back to top Go down

Post by Celt Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:32 am

. . . FFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Celt

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleSkull Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:58 am

If i have your attention...

The Atlantis Area is really buggy right now. The amount of water seems to be really hard on some machines, so i hope everyone planning to join them has a powerful machine. It doesn't seem to lag, but it takes some time for the chunks to generate. Also, its REALLY dark down there :p It's really a faction for the dedicated.
PurpleSkull
PurpleSkull
Admin

https://ragnarok-mc.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevashim Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:08 am

Bookshelves were hard to get? I just walked in and harvested from the reed farm... It's why we had embassies after all... (Was I still the only one that realised what they allowed?)
Kevashim
Kevashim

Back to top Go down

Post by gobbo1008 Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:10 am

Kevashim wrote:Was I still the only one that realised what they allowed?
Tell me, tell me Smile
gobbo1008
gobbo1008

http://www.gobbo-online.de

Back to top Go down

Post by ExSeaD Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:11 am

i wanan be atlantis!

ExSeaD

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:14 am

What I had said though keva was that I didn't want people harvesting our reeds, the tree farm and mines go ahead but the reeds are all we had to trade so people walking in and taking them was just pointless, i could walk into the deserts and take all their sand is that what your saying? Our special block was the only one with any value to the other nations by itself (sands great but its useless until we smelt it)
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevashim Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:46 am

Yea, technically anyone from a Nation whom you have an embassy of can enter your land, use your mine and use your farms. It doesn't even state that they have to respect the rules of the leader/Nation they are visiting (only that nation's members have to respect said rules) :S Any other block destruction was still disallowed however, so you couldn't take the sand from the desert, or non-farm trees from the Tribe. But yea, anyone that wanted to could have just walked in to our land and used our public tree farm at any time. Similarly if we wanted some cacti (that we could never plant or use in any way) then we could have gone to the Desert Razz

In short, the embassies are very powerful structures that I shall take full advantage of this round until people realise. They aren't just another building to tick off of your checklist and thought should go into the decision of building them.

addendum: I was kinda a special case that was granted reed farming officially anyway (thanks gold).
Kevashim
Kevashim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next