Ragnarok
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dwarven Government Revised

5 posters

Go down

Dwarven Government Revised Empty Dwarven Government Revised

Post by Gontuzic Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:09 am

Dwarven Government Revised Dwarve10

The Form of the Dwarven Government.

In my attempts to find a form of government in which the Dwarven Highest Head of Office is merely a figure head, only to act in times of indecision and to determine relationships with other sovereign nations, One form of government has held high in my mind.

I call this form of Government a Tiered Democracy. Its structure from top down resembles a oligarchy, but the structure from bottom up will resemble a democracy. The way this Government will work is by segmenting the power of the government into sub-factions that called Noble Families.

Noble Family

Noble Families are made up of commoners who wish to create a better life for themselves. To make and maintain a noble family, There must be at least 3 active members and cannot exceed 4 members. Each noble Family will be responsible for electing the head of it's family's nobility. Only the head of each family will be considered as nobles. The head of each family will have authority over the members below him or her. The head of each noble family will be responsible for electing the Leader of the Dwarves. Dwarven Noble Families will be allowed to create Noble sectors for their family. Commoners in a noble family may build in these noble sectors. But they are still subject to the same building standards as everyone else. Major renovation, Major Projects and all expansion must be discussed by the nobles Including the creation of a new noble sector. What the head noble says is law for his family. Noble family Law cannot supersede the authority of the Dwarven law. Noble may council to discuss, impose or revoke new and old laws. There may be no more than Four noble families. The refusal of a direct order from the Noble of the family, may result in the punishment of his or her liking, including replacing the disobedient member.
The Noble of the family may have two shops, One shop belonging to the family and another personal shop. The Noble leader gets all profits from the shop belonging to the family while he or she is the leader.

Dwarven High Office
The Dwarven High Office, as stated before, will be determined by each of the Head of each family. The Head of each noble Family may consult their family as to who they think should be elected as The Dwarven Figurehead. To be eligible to be the Dwarven figurehead the person whose eligibility is in question must be the Head of a noble family. When the Faction leader (dwarven figurehead) is determined, The entire noble family will have the option to move into the palace, if the palace is constructed. All members must either stay in their sector or go to the palace, family leader can order members to move. When A family moves into the palace they must place a sign at the entrance to their noble sector saying "abandon." If and when In the event that a discussion between nobles is unable to come to a compromise, The Dwarven Figurehead is then the deciding vote as to what happens. The Dwarven figure head may impose laws and can revoke laws imposed by the current or previous Dwarven figure head, but may not revoke laws created by the council of nobles. The Dwarven Faction leader does NOT Have the ability to kick members out of the dwarven faction.

Commoners

The members of the commoners may either be part of a noble family, or may remain without a noble family. Dwarves that choose not to be in a noble family will retain their ability to vote for faction leader. Dwarves without noble families will remain in the commons. A commoner without a family may become faction leader with a 3/4ths vote approval from noble families. Nobles may make demands of commoners without family allegiances, nor may nobles make demands of commoners in other families.

Last edited by Gontuzic on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Modifying the structure for more efficiency.)
Gontuzic
Gontuzic

Back to top Go down

Dwarven Government Revised Empty Re: Dwarven Government Revised

Post by KayneHusky Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:47 am

I like the idea... but seems a bit too complicated for casual players. o.o
KayneHusky
KayneHusky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gontuzic Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:33 pm

KayneHusky wrote:I like the idea... but seems a bit too complicated for casual players. o.o

I was a little worried about that. But with the Influx of previous leaders in the dwarven system It would allow them to retain some of their power, and allow them to do what they are good at when they are not at the head. Also, by segmenting the government into noble families, It encourages teamwork and allows for multiple projects to be ongoing without one or more of the parallel ongoing project halting or slowing down. Since Each family contains 3-4 people, they already have a team to build great monuments, meaning they don't need to recruit 7 or 8 people. if they don't have too. I know for a fact when 7 or 8 people are in one small area, things can get iffy. Quite frankly, it is because people get in the way.

Commoners in a Noble family vote for their head of the family.

Nobles who are the head of each family vote for the Head of the nation.

To sum it up, Noble Families will allow: previous leaders to retain some power, It will allow different styles of architecture to rise up in the city in an organized manner, They would increase efficiency by allowing multiple projects to happen at once (instead of everyone crowding into one confined area), it encourages more unique monument that still can be related to the RP structure without having to label every-thing "to the ancestors (quite frankly its really redundant, Arena of the ancestors, temple of the ancestors, forge of the ancestors, prison of the ancestors etc. etc).

This system will allow for more significant monuments to be created. Monuments Pretaining to noble families, the common man, tribute to the leader and the ancestors (of course). Just me alone, i can think of several dozen ideas for monuments with this system. Not to mention, when the arena is up and running, We can hold Dwarven tourney's; have honor fights in which families can choose their champion and fight in the arenas. The winning family could be allowed to build a small monument in their family's sector signifying their victory.

But I will reiterate I have thought that it might be a bit complicated, and this doesn't need to go into effect, It is more or less an aggressive idea. I will close with this, Simple ideas can only bring simple results; Yet a series of simple ideas interwoven into a fabric of complexity prepares for a masterpiece. Each member of each family is a string, Each family is formed by those strings into a thread, and the government as a whole is a magnificent flag flowing in the wind formed by the weaving of those threads.

Last edited by Gontuzic on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Gontuzic
Gontuzic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardogen Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 pm

At first I was a little iffy concerning this just as Kayne was, but after reading your reasoning I think this is a great idea! Very Happy

I think each Noble Family could also worship 1 of the Gods as their "Patron" so we have the "Dvalinn Family" or "Valaya Family". This way, each family could be themed in a way (if they want) and give more specialized importance to our Ancestors.

The only real problem I foresee is talking with Purple about changing our voting system a little.

Ardogen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:02 pm

I kind of think it's too much; for one thing you want unity in your faction, not competition between minifactions (noble families), which is going to happen. Also this may lead to people feeling superior because they are part of such family.
I like most of your ideas but I'm not sure if this is all to beneficial.

Back to top Go down

Post by KayneHusky Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:19 pm

Decibert wrote:I kind of think it's too much; for one thing you want unity in your faction, not competition between minifactions (noble families), which is going to happen. Also this may lead to people feeling superior because they are part of such family.
I like most of your ideas but I'm not sure if this is all to beneficial.

I think I agree with Deci here... Not to mention, how are building homes in the noble quarter going to work? I know when I Join dwarf, I'm going to do a great deal to help build the massive halls and everything that will need to be done, and I'll want to be able to have my own home in the Noble Quarter eventually. So Would that mean I'd have to either join a noble house and forfeit my rights to build my own structure? Or would I have to find 2 other people to live with me and forfeit my right to full creative reign?

Don't get me wrong Gont, I LOVE your City plans to death and I CAN'T WAIT to implement them, but this Government systems seems a little convoluted. X_X
KayneHusky
KayneHusky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gontuzic Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Dwarven Government Revised Govern11

This is the Revision of my proposal of the Dwarven Government for Round 3. The revision has been made the government simpler, and still restricts access to the noble district and should lower any feelings of superiority.

Also just as a general rule. Dont make giant letters to spell things out, It's just ugly.

First I will start with the meanings of colors of the picture above.

1. The giant Red dot in the middle is the Dwarven Leader
2. The Blue dots are Guilds.
3. the Yellow dots are members of each guild.
4. the Green Dots are Commoners and slummer.

Second I will give definitions for this segment.

1. Guild: A group of individuals no more than 4 players who have a common style of building, or desire to do something. Such guilds that I have thought of are...

- Tinkerer's Guild - A guild based on finding as many exploitations of redstone as possible and putting it to use.

- Fisher's guild - A guild tasked with the great hunt for fish and creating environments in which fish are abundant. This includes getting plots to construct fishing wells, lakes and ponds districts. Fisher's guild may sell fish in the trade district.

- Warrior's Guild - A guild tasked with becoming superior Fighters in the arena, battle grounds and creating environments in which people will have enough armor and weapons for battle. Warrior's Guild may sell weapons in the trade district if desired.

- Miner's Guild - A guild in which members who enjoy digging out large areas are allowed to group together to make their job simpler. Miners are encouraged to sell their goods at the trade district.

- Disciples of the Ancestors Guild. - A guild specifically for the worship of our ancestors, They enjoy creating ancestor specific monuments.

2.WASTE OF SPACE- Any building that is worth less than the space it takes up so if I decide to build a Unbrella monument that stats off with one single block tower and covers up a lot of space preventing others from building more useful structures, that is a waste of space.

3. profane - making a giant boob monument or a middle finger.

Finally I will go into specifics.

1. The Dwarven Leader will be elected as in round 2 for now, later we can tweak it if we like.

2. Guilds will be formed when a group of no less than 3 individuals and no more than 4 choose to group together for a common reason such as the examples given before.
- There will be a Guild HQ and secondary Guild hall for each guild. The HQ will be created in the "Guild Sector" which will be able to be constructed after dwarves reach metropolis.
- The Secondary Guild hall will be located in the most relevant sector I.E. Warrior's guild Arena district. Miners Guild, Mining District and so on.
- Not all guilds will be readily available at the start, some will have to wait until we reach a certain stage.
- Guilds must have a real reason to be a guild, not just because "We're friends Very Happy" A guild must offer some kind of specialization besides "being really really nice and awesome and suffs, like forrealz."
- Each Guild MUST participate in monument construction, and are encouraged to team up with other Guilds for constructing Large monuments.
- In the event of an idea for a large monument, it must be discussed between the Guilds, Dwarven Leader, and any active member wishing to participate.
- If a Guild doesn't do what It was created to do, it will be disbanded.

3. Guild Members, Guild members are allowed to live in the nobles district.
- Guild members retain their creative desires, and may build WHATEVER they like, in the event that it isnt profane or a waste of space.
- No drugs
- If you do nothing, you will be removed from your guild, and your house in the noble district taken by the state.

4. Commoners - You can do whatever you like so long as it isn't in the way, a waste of space, profane, and it sticks to the rules. You still retain the ability to live in the noble district, but you must prove that you are an asset to the faction. Guild members are only able to get into noble districts by joining a guild because they are essentially taking an "OATH" to be an asset.

5. slummers - Work your way up to Commoner, then we'll talk 8^P
Do so by showing you're an active member.
Gontuzic
Gontuzic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevashim Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Howsabout "The leader of the Dwarven Nation cannot head any of the guilds"? and further "No individual may be the head of more than one guild"? Prevents one person taking up several of the 'power' roles. Also it allows for council meetings at which the guild leaders and nation leader are present if desired.
Kevashim
Kevashim

http://codeyellow.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnomus Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:10 pm

I like this system, its complicated but will make an exelent part in the game.
Or thats what I think Razz

Gnomus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:40 pm

No drugs

Minecraft drugs? Let it be known that you are the only ones I know with several monuments dedicated to one of the most dangerous hard drugs, alcohol.

I like this revision, guilds can actually serve a purpose besides just being a little exclusive club, instead being more about what their members can/want to do best.
I think Dwarves are gonna get crowded next round.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardogen Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Was crowded this Round too Very Happy.

It's merely a matter of whether people stay.

Ardogen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gontuzic Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:21 pm

Kevashim wrote:Howsabout "The leader of the Dwarven Nation cannot head any of the guilds"? and further "No individual may be the head of more than one guild"? Prevents one person taking up several of the 'power' roles. Also it allows for council meetings at which the guild leaders and nation leader are present if desired.

agreed. What should happen is if anyone leads a guild wishes to run for the Leader of the Government they must first renounce their position as guild leader.
Gontuzic
Gontuzic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down