Ragnarok
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece.

+7
TargusSirius
Oedipus_Rex
Lance579
PurpleSkull
Gontuzic
KayneHusky
SKiDDi
11 posters

Go down

The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece. Empty The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece.

Post by SKiDDi Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:16 pm

So after 4 days of intensive round-the-clock labor, the Tribes have finally completed their colliseum. All Tribes feel free to apply your screenshots of what you love of the colliseum here.

EDIT: Stupid forum cuts my pictures... just go create a 1x1 tower a little beyond the artemis monument and see for yourself... its beautiful.
Or check out the Screenshots below Smile
Enjoy
Max Gold
Max Diamond
Max Obsidian
Not sure of Parameters
Someone can post them here if they'd like.

Thanks to:
D3yci
Decibert
AADDAAMM
katekatekatekate
Asterludkweiz
Skiddi
Nelthenredstorm
smaster122
Kaynehusky

Last edited by SKiDDi on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
SKiDDi
SKiDDi

Back to top Go down

The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece. Empty Re: The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:33 pm

Per request:

The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece. 2010-116

The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece. 2010-117

The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece. 2010-115

The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece. 2010-118

You don't really get how epic this is because of the resizing. I am actually seriously in favour of a look out tower at the spot this was taken. Because if you see this in game, rendering far, full screen... Yeah.
The most fun part was that during construction I was constantly close up with no idea how it looked. Then I thought it looked great from afar. But then came the tard towers and OMG pwnage etc.
I invite anyone to build a tard tower at the same distance as the Temple entrance (as long as you break it down). The view is breathtaking and worth death by fall damage.

It should be noted that this was SkiDDi's plan all along. I came up with the arches. Kayne did work on the arena battlegrounds. Many design choices were decided by voting. And there is an enormous amount of labour involved in pure construction work. Truly a team effort. And it all started one sleepless night when SkiDDi told us to dig out a gaping hole in our newly gained lands.

Back to top Go down

The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece. Empty Re: The Tribe's Colliseum, A true Masterpiece.

Post by SKiDDi Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Awh shucks im blushin! Smile
thanks to all you guys!
Your screenshots do good justice to it, thought its not everything you should see Smile
SKiDDi
SKiDDi

Back to top Go down

Post by KayneHusky Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:04 pm

SKiDDi wrote:Awh shucks im blushin! Smile
thanks to all you guys!
Your screenshots do good justice to it, thought its not everything you should see Smile

Pfft, bet you're cute when you're blushing~ >=3

Silliness aside, the Colosseum is just... wow X_X Like, amazing. I'm so glad we came together to create such a Minecraft Masterpiece.
KayneHusky
KayneHusky

Back to top Go down

Post by SKiDDi Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:03 am

Gotta say that final touch by D3 and Decibert on implementing the arches came through extremely well. truly transformed the outside of the Colosseum as we needed..

Side note,
Bromance goin on Wink Haha.
SKiDDi
SKiDDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gontuzic Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:12 am

This is sexy.
Gontuzic
Gontuzic

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleSkull Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:01 am

Very nice, very nice indeed. Ima come online soon and check it out.
PurpleSkull
PurpleSkull
Admin

https://ragnarok-mc.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance579 Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:14 am

Just awesome... But the inside is... quite boring (except the fighting area). I recommend you to decorate it more, making stripes of other materials, etc. I'm just giving ideas
Lance579
Lance579

Back to top Go down

Post by Oedipus_Rex Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:29 am

Err... were in a new round buddy.. Thats gone..
Oedipus_Rex
Oedipus_Rex

Back to top Go down

Post by TargusSirius Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Fail
TargusSirius
TargusSirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance579 Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:01 pm

FUK, I FAILED.

Srry i'm actually new here, i'm still waiting to the response of my aplicattion...

So i don't really know anything.
Lance579
Lance579

Back to top Go down

Post by SKiDDi Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:24 pm

lol, ahh... i miss tribes Smile
SKiDDi
SKiDDi

Back to top Go down

Post by wilhelmsen07 Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:31 pm

I miss nord. I just loved building with snow. It's so clean and easy to dig.
wilhelmsen07
wilhelmsen07

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Snow.... Easy.... To Dig?! It's hundreds and hundreds of snowballs lol.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:23 pm

I do miss green and sunlight and building with logs. But I wouldn't switch factions right now.
But yeah, the coliseum was great, also to work on. In SSP I'm making a 144x144 dark room (to get massive mob spawns) but I don't want it to be ugly from the outside so I'm gonna build something huge on top. Probably, inspired by this, some sort of stadium. Unless someone else has an idea for something 144x144x35 that is not a castle.

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Decibert wrote:I do miss green and sunlight and building with logs. But I wouldn't switch factions right now.
But yeah, the coliseum was great, also to work on. In SSP I'm making a 144x144 dark room (to get massive mob spawns) but I don't want it to be ugly from the outside so I'm gonna build something huge on top. Probably, inspired by this, some sort of stadium. Unless someone else has an idea for something 144x144x35 that is not a castle.

Perhaps you could try to make some sort of statue commemorating the mobs that will spawn there, just an idea though.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:27 pm

I do want to make a creeper statue someday. But even though I have the cave of never-endingness, I have only found one dungeon in that world so enough mossy cobblestone for the green I have not. That limits me to hard to build spiders and skeletons. A cobble spider IS something to consider, it fits the space I have.
Perhaps a whole terrain (a temple with arches with a grassy park like thing around it). That would be pretty easy and look nice but may not be that amazingly epic from next to the spawn building. Think I'll just build a part and see if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radon Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Decibert wrote:I do miss green and sunlight and building with logs. But I wouldn't switch factions right now.

This might seem abit off topic, but im doing something very similar, how do you avoid caves? Or do you not?

Radon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:54 am

Avoid caves? I rush explore through them, light the entire thing up, mine everything, block it off in parts leave Razz. You mean avoid caves as in avoid mobs spawning there which decrease the amount I can have in the spawner building? I have found/lighted all cave systems directly underneath the building (got some huge caves that go down to diamond levels) and I'm just not going to bother with searching further down. If this works it doesn't have to run at full capacity to get me loads of stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by gobbo1008 Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Something huge, aquare, not castle... Neutral
Fortress? Razz
gobbo1008
gobbo1008

http://www.gobbo-online.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum