Ragnarok
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duped Items in Atlantis

5 posters

Go down

Duped Items in Atlantis Empty Duped Items in Atlantis

Post by LunarMadman Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Atlantis is currently swamped with duped items. We easily have over 500 diamond blocks loaded in to our storage, as well as diamond tools, gold blocks and obsidian blocks.

The exact locations of items I believe to be duped (that I know of) are:

Our public storage chests

Our hub chests

Our tree and wheat farm chests (I moved these here before I discovered they were duped, I don't want to touch them again.)

The ceiling of our main dome (Strange place, I know.)

We need an admin to fix this, and to know that none of us condone the use of duped items.

I'd also like to point out that I used the (likely duped) tools during construction and for gathering wood. This was before I found the huge amount of obviously duped items, so I had no reason to be suspicious at the time.

Regarding the tools:

I asked darkmoo about the diamond tools newly placed in to our storage when I first spotted them, just after I logged in, because I was suspicious about the relatively large amount of them. He checked them out personally, and decided they were probably not duped, and then he left.

Re-assured by his decision, I used them as I said previously. Now that I know better I have placed them back in to storage for admin inspection, and they won't be touched until an admin has dealt with them. I now realise that the diamond blocks were probably duped first and then cracked to make the tools, because that would explain the relatively small number of diamond tools nicely.

LunarMadman

Back to top Go down

Duped Items in Atlantis Empty Re: Duped Items in Atlantis

Post by darkmoo Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Ah, Didn't know about the diamond blocks. Ok, when the server comes back up I will remove all of them.

Thank you. Smile
darkmoo
darkmoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Witter Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Yes they were found earlier today. Although when I was about to get rid of the duped items in Atlantis my client decided to crash on me and minecraft updated on restart.
Witter
Witter

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarMadman Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:41 pm

I see.

Well, I just found a lot more duped stuff. Three diamond tools in another storage area, alternating gold and diamond crosses in our grand hall, and a large gold statue built in to our cliff face.

We've also been griefed. I found my house flooded and sealed today, and upon further exploration at least 2 more buildings shared the same fate.

This one needs a quick explanation of the context: We made a chute with a pool at the bottom to serve as a quick way to get in to atlantis from the surface entrance, just by jumping; our griefing friend blocked it with glass halfway down and got me and decibert killed.

Also of interest is the unusually large amount of apples I'm seeing in unlocked chests.

LunarMadman

Back to top Go down

Post by Witter Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:45 pm

This is exaclty why I enforce having mods running around towns to check up on these items. Too bad we can't get into the locked chests. But this should eventually be fixed though when Notch fixes the dupe bug. I expect alot of people to ragequit that day.
Witter
Witter

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Actually apples are very common now due to them dropping from cut trees.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarMadman Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Witter wrote:This is exaclty why I enforce having mods running around towns to check up on these items. Too bad we can't get into the locked chests. But this should eventually be fixed though when Notch fixes the dupe bug. I expect alot of people to ragequit that day.
I hope you're right. The day duping ends is the day MineCraft becomes several times better.

goldmarine9 wrote:Actually apples are very common now due to them dropping from cut trees.
Are you sure? Even with the leaves disappearing when you remove the logs I still find apples to be very rare. I have 2.

LunarMadman

Back to top Go down

Post by goldmarine9 Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Im sure, clearing trees in the bg gave me half an inventory of them, their common.
goldmarine9
goldmarine9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:19 pm

It was actually funny, I thought following lunar around his own nation would be safe :p Next time I look down first.
I am looking forward SO much to working serverside invent, it will finally make it a competition that is NOT about duping (never saying that deserts won because of that, it was in all factions). I wonder how much less gold/diamond we will see. I expect it will be very noticeable. And hopefully we can now also wave the break-tool-on-drop workaround goodbye.
These stupid exploits made me give up on the element of gaining points, even almost on the server itself. Damn happy if it's fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post by gobbo1008 Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:21 am

Decibert wrote:It was actually funny, I thought following lunar around his own nation would be safe :p Next time I look down first.
I am looking forward SO much to working serverside invent, it will finally make it a competition that is NOT about duping (never saying that deserts won because of that, it was in all factions). I wonder how much less gold/diamond we will see. I expect it will be very noticeable. And hopefully we can now also wave the break-tool-on-drop workaround goodbye.
These stupid exploits made me give up on the element of gaining points, even almost on the server itself. Damn happy if it's fixed.
Hey, we didn't even win R2! Razz
But yes, server-side inventories will be a nice thing. Also, LeafDropper can be disabled, the re-introduced leaf decay is working like a charm (already was wondering on SSP when suddenly leaves weren't disappearing anymore, thought that was a bug back then... Very Happy).

SSP is btw getting boring now that I have a mine going down to layer i-don't-know-for-sure-but-its-damn-deep, a huge tree farm, huge wheat farm, bigass storage, nether gates galore (and therefor half of my storage filled with slowsand, netherstone and lightstone dust) a multi-level reed farm and and and and and... All done in 2 days. Yes I'm an addict, haven't slept for nearly 24 hrs now, playing Minecraft, Rome TW (just 4 factions left Cool) and Second Life (Pezz made me want Razz).
In other words: let's kick the hMod's team's ass so they get the new version ready ASAP! lol!
gobbo1008
gobbo1008

http://www.gobbo-online.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:35 am

Hahaha you got problems. Yeah I reached that point several times in SSP, the trick is finding a new project. Now I'm building a huge spawner room, that also required a jungle outpost to get wood (not patient enough for tree farms without leaf decay), a new railroad connection which sparked a revamp of my main station, new Nether portals and several new bases and then I haven't even started building the damn thing Razz.
I couldn't build stuff without a purpose until I learnt that can be fun too on this server. Next big thing in SSP is gonna be a huge World Tree sized christmass tree.

Back to top Go down

Post by gobbo1008 Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:39 am

Oh yeah... Railroad! THATS what I wanted to do all the time... Got distracted much? lol!
gobbo1008
gobbo1008

http://www.gobbo-online.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down